in Addison, Texas
Good oral health creates the best smile! At Addison Grove Dental, we perform a comprehensive examination at your initial visit to our office. Our goal is to determine your immediate dental needs as well as plan for your future dental care.
What To Expect During Your Visit
At your comprehensive exam, Dr. Singh will:
- A full mouth series of x-rays will be taken by the doctors assistant
- Discuss your dental and overall health since your last dental exam
- Dr will review your radiographs, checking for decay, cracks, and chips
- Evaluate your bite and jaw
- Examine and chart existing restorations
- Screen for gum disease and periodontal disease
- Conduct TMJ examination
- Screen for oral cancer
- Discuss with you any cosmetic concerns you may have as well
All the above information will be gathered and a personalized treatment plan will be developed and discussed with you.
Oral Cancer Screening
Oral cancer is said to be one the deadliest because it often goes undetected until it is in the latter stages. That is another reason why regular dental examinations are so critical. If caught and treated early, oral cancer has a very low morbidity rate. With roughly 30,000 new cases being diagnosed each year, your dentist is your first line of detection and defense against this disease.
Oral cancer can affect the lips, cheek lining, gums, tongue, floor, and roof of the mouth, and also move back toward the throat.
Always report to Addison Grove Dental if you discover any of these possible signs:
- Sores that bleed easily or do not heal
- Lumps or spots that are thick or hard
- Persistently rough or crusted areas
- Numbness, pain or tenderness that may be new or persisting
During your regular dental exam, Addison Grove Dental will ask if you notice problems chewing, swallowing, speaking, or moving any part of your mouth or tongue. Addison Grove Dental routinely screens for oral cancer as part of every comprehensive dental exam or cleaning.
In addition to the visual exam, Addison Grove Dental offers a more in-depth screening process that can detect oral cancer in its infancy.
Dental Exams in Addison, TX
Contact Addison Grove Dental in Addison, TX, to schedule your comprehensive dental exam today. We want to partner with you in your oral health and help you maintain a healthy smile for a lifetime! Call us and schedule your appointment today!